Universal Audio Apollo 8 Duo Thunderbolt
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Universal Audio Apollo 8 Duo Thunderbolt is an 18x24 Thunderbolt Audio interface with onboard UAD-2 Duo processing and Unison technology.
The Universal Audio Apollo 8 Thunderbolt features the latest generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion designed to provide pristine digital audio conversion as well as real-time UAD-2 processing allowing you to record your signal through all the great plug-ins and emulations found on the UAD Platform. With the incorporation of Unison technology you can now record through Neve and API mic preamps or UAD‘s latest distortion pedals.
4 Unison mic preamps are included letting you match the impedance; gain stage sweet spots and component behaviours. Combined with the Unison-ready plug-ins, the Apollo 8 gives unprecedented integration between hardware and software. Hi-Z inputs are included with Unison for correct impedance and gain matching behavior for UAD’s stompbox emulations.
The front panel offers convenient access to monitoring functions including alt speakers dim and mono as well as input and output metering via the new metering button. The new Apollo Expanded software now lets you cascade up to four Apollos, letting you scale up our system as you need. Up to 6 UAD devices in total can be used giving you incredible DSP power for mixing and recording.
Universal Audio Apollo 8 Duo Thunderbolt Main Features:
• Next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for professional music production
• Onboard UAD-2 DUO Core DSP allows Realtime UAD Processing — record through plug-ins from Neve, Lexicon, Studer, Marshall, Ampex, and more*
• 4 Unison-enabled mic preamps for tracking through preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio*
• 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac with powerful Console 2.0 software control
• Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
• Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono
• Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle with 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild • compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
|Short Description||18x24 Thunderbolt Audio Interface with real time UAD2 DSP processing, 4 preamps with Unison technology and brand new Console 2.0|
|Demo in Store||No|
|Total I/O||18 In / 24 Out|
|Analogue Inputs||4x XLR/TRS Combo, 4x 1/4" (Line), 2x 1/4" (Hi-Z)|
|Analogue Outputs||2x 1/4" (Monitor), 4x 1/4" (Line), 4x 1/4" (Line), 2x 1/4" (Headphones)|
|Digital Inputs||1 x Coax, 2 x Optical|
|Digital Outputs||1 x Coax, 2 x Optical|
|Mic Preamps||4 Unison enabled|
- Related items / Alternative products