The Warm Audio Tone Beast TB12 in an affordable and high quality mic preamp and DI offering a wide range of tone-shaping options.
The Warm Audio Tone Beast TB12 features a discrete 312 preamp design with coupled Cinemag audio transformers hand wound in the US and delivers up to 71dB of gain, enough to work with ribbon microphones. As its name suggest, the Tone Beast TB12 is all about colouration and as such Warm Audio’s preamp delivers a warm and musical sound enhanced by the presence of steel and nickel Cinemag output transformers and discrete Op-amps providing vintage or modern colourations. In addition, different characters can be dialled in by selecting between Tantalum and Electrolytic capacitors, and by using the Tone switch which changes the impedance between 150 Ohms and 600 Ohms. With so many different colour options the Warm Audio Tone Beast TB12 offers the flexibility of several preamps in a single 1U rack unit.
Appointments for the rack-mountable Tone Beast include the usual balanced XLR, TRS Line and ¼” instruments input, XLR and TRS outputs as well as Polarity Reverse, +48V Phantom Power and 80Hz High Pass Filter. A ¼”inch insert is also included to the inline connection of compressors, EQ, and other outboards. What’s more, the Warm Audio TB12 boasts a transformer bypass switch which removes the output transformer from the circuit allowing for a more transparent signal
Ideal for home-based musicians, project and professional studios alike, the Tone Beast TB12 delivers the quality expected from much more expensive devices delivering a rich, soulful and musical sound often associated with the greatest preamps.
Warm Audio Tone Beast TB12 Multi-Tone Shaping Pre-Amp and DI Overview:
• Discrete 312 preamp design with coupled CineMag Transformers hand wound in the USA
• 71db of gain
• Transformer selection provides both Steel and 50% Nickel CineMag output transformers for varying character
• Transformer bypass switch allows for removal of the output transformer from the circuit
• Discrete Op-amp selection provides both the classic 1731(vintage) and 918(modern) style Op-amps.
• Impedance switch labelled TONE to switch between 150 and 600 ohms input impedance
• Capacitor selection between Tantalum and Electrolytic for different characters
• 80Hz High Pass Filter
• Polarity Reverse
• +48V phantom power
• Output attenuation allowing for saturation flexibility of both the Op-amps and CineMag Transformers
• ¼” insert for the use of inline compressors, eq’s etc..
• Balanced XLR mic (front and back), balanced TRS line, and ¼” instrument inputs
• Balanced XLR and TRS outputs
• -20db Pad
• LED VU Meter
• 19” rack mountable
• External 24V AC power transformer for low noise