Warm Audio WA76 Stereo Pair Compressor and Limiter + FREE Activation Switch
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Warm Audio WA76 Stereo Linked Pair is a dual-channel / stereo compressor and limiter based on the legendary 1176.
The Warm Audio WA76 Stereo Linked Pair includes two Warm Audio WA76 units with stereo link boards and stereo mini jack link cable and calibrated to ensure proper stereo operation. The stereo link includes a small circuit installed in each compressor which is activated by a small toggle switch on the back the panel. A stereo mini jack cable then links between both units.
In stereo mode the WA76 uses the output of the internal pre-amp stage of both units which is then buffered and combined before reaching the compression circuit. As a result, both units apply the same amount of gain reduction. The audio path however remains unchanged. This ensures true stereo operation with none of the image shifts produced by dual mono operation. Each pair of WA76 are calibrated to ensure output levels are matched within 0.5dB while gain reduction is matched within 10% at 20:1 ratio and all controls set at the centre.
The Warm Audio WA76 Stereo Linked Pair is ideal on the drum buss but will work wonders on guitars, keys and vocal groups or any stereo track that requires the strong and powerful character of an 1176-style compressor.
Warm Audio WA76 Stereo Linked Pair Overview:
- True to the Classic 1176 compressor in design and performance
- Completely discrete signal path
- Modelled after the D revision
- Utilizes USA made CINEMAG input and output transformers
- Supports the famous "all buttons in" ratio setting
- Ultra-fast attack time
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating)
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs
- 55db of gain
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm
- EIN -104.1 dbm
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer
- 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U
While stocks last, we will supply a free on/off activation switch with all purchases of stereo WA76s.
|Short Description||Stereo Linked Pair of WA76 Limiting Amplifier based on the legendary 1176 compressor|
|Demo in Store||No|
|Valve / Solid State||Solid State|
|Channel Count||Dual Channel|
|Attack||1 (slow) - 7 (fast)|
|Release||1 (slow) - 7 (fast)|
|Ratio||4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1, All In|
|High Pass Filter||N/A|
|Side Chain Input||No|
- Related items / Alternative products